Friday, February 15, 2013

Poem - A stroll on road


I strolled on the road, amongst huge crowds

         Bearing a heavy heart, trembling limbs and wet eyes.

The festive scene, with people making alarming decibels of sounds

         Made me feel more and more desperate and lonely.


My heart was longing for one single face

         Brushing out hundreds walking beside me.

I did realize, I was bound only to a silly craze

         And the face was gone and would never see it again.


I drove back to my past days, when he was on my way

         And his whistling breath, embracing me with its obscure intentions.

The curve on his lips and the eyes showering darts, did lead me astray

         By speaking volumes, but of a language unheard.


The worst thing he ever did to me, with such ways was, making me fall

         When he had no motives of catching on me.

His fascinating tactics and motions did make me yield to the cupid’s call

         And I did it, despite knowing the painful reality.


I kept walking on the busy path, not knowing the destination

        And his face popped in front of me and vanished at the same moment.

It was really delighting to get drowned in the pools of hallucination

        But dreadful to disown my dream forts built for him.


I was ready to extend my love across hills, mountains and seas

       Not expecting in return, love or trust, which is too much to ask for.

A true smile would be a fortune to furnish my love sick heart with peace.

       But all I could do is to walk quietly, bearing the most tormenting misfortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment